Need a project for your Coursework Masters or Undergraduate course and your research interests coincide with those of MiWER, then MiWER can help – contact Mark.
In 2018, Mark supervised the following projects:
- An assessment of nutrient removal by floating islands in Lake Goollelal.
- Measuring the rate of emergence of nuisance midges (Chironomidae) from Lake Goollelal.
- Assessing the rate of organic matter accumulation in the sediment of Lake Kepwari and WO5H (pit lakes).
- Measuring the rate of sedimentation (and proportion of organic matter) in Lake Kepwari and WO5H
- An investigation into the depth distribution of macroinvertebrates in Collie pit lakes using litter traps.
- A study of the artificial lakes around ECU Joondalup campus – including the campus lake, Police Academy lake and Central Park lake. Students examined:
- nutrient release from the sediments under anoxia
- biofilm development
- water quality assessment
- primary production